I came home late from work tonight, hungry. So very hungry. I wanted something simple, something that would not require a ton of prep or even thinking. I literally rustled all the ingredients for this meal from my fridge/cupboard:
- Real buffalo mozzarella (as in, made from buffalo milk) from Trader Joe's
- Home-grown basil leaves
- Handful of toasted pine nuts from TJ's
- Prosciutto from TJ's, torn into little bits
- Bits of red onion from Mollie Stone's
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
In my humble opinion, one ought to keep a pack of prosciutto around at all times. It is oh-so-delicious, adds flavor to anything (my favorite is wrapping it around avocado!), and a little goes a long way. Also, everyone ought to grow a pot or two of their favorite herbs.
- Shredded chicken from Safeway (I bought a whole chicken and boiled it last night to make stock to put in porridge because Garry was sick...again
- Sliced mushrooms from Milk Pail
- Red onion
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese from TJ's (I store it in my freezer)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, of course, from TJ's
I dumped the scramble onto some leftover brown rice. Such a small way to feel like you are livin' large.