Last weekend my friends and I made a day of it in Berkeley, from 11:30am to 10:30pm. Basically the whole day revolved around food. It was fun, as Berkeley always is. Highlights:
- Tour (or more like a lecture) at the Charles Chocolates factory in Emeryville
- Berkeley Bowl market, where you can find something like 30 varieties of apples (among other things)
- Cheeseboard pizza...yum!
- Gourmet ghetto on Shattuck
- 4th street shopping, esp the Crate & Barrel outlet and bizarre kitchenware at Sur la Table
- Dinner at Nan Yang, a Burmese restaurant in the Rockridge neighborhood
- Dessert at Ici ice cream, by the former pastry chef of Chez Panisse