Wanted to make a healthy, carby snack to help little guy power through his afternoons and adapted from a couple of different recipes for apple banana muffins. Found the existing recipes to be too sweet so adjusted accordingly.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (will probably cut this to 2T next time, it was still too sweet with so much banana)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 small zucchini, grated (instead of apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together dry ingredients: flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Grease two muffin tins or line with muffin cups and fill each cup 3/4 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 16 regular sized muffins.