Apologies to Garry and Sachin for not realizing earlier how easy this was to do. I guess it was such a pain to add the tracking code to my old blogspots that I just kept procrastinating even though I was curious to find out what kind of traffic I was getting on posterous.
Well, the boys have done it again! They make it so simple, easy and elegant, that I think it's kind of tragic how long I've been putting this off and I now wish I could get back all those lost days of untracked blogging. Here's the play-by-play:
2. Add a new profile (towards the bottom of the management pane)
3. Fill in the domain and click "finish"!
4. Copy the domain ID (the UA-XXXXXX-X number)
5. Go to the "manage" tab of your posterous and click "Edit Settings"
6. Paste the domain ID in the box under "Google Analytics."
You're done! I didn't even have to touch the tracking code at all. Works so beautifully it brings a tear to my eye.