Just wanted to follow up on my to-do list for 2010. I'd say it was less than 50% completed.
- Buy a new computer (and maybe a smartphone), finally. I might still want to do this, but for now I'm using my work computer for most things.
- Get texting enabled on my phone
- Attempt to make French macarons (preferably chocolate) I had planned to use the leftover egg whites from the eggnog I made this season, but alas, I didn't have time and now they've spoilt in my fridge.
- Start a journal for work/personal development
- Use up the $20 credit that has been hanging around my RueLaLa.com account for months. This is more of a challenge than you'd think, because their inventory stinks.
- Do a serious editing of my closet by the end of summer
- Transfer to digital copy that play I produced in college and send it to all the cast/crew
- Asia: Japan (visit Asta-Pasta) OR Hong Kong and one other Chinese province I haven't been (Sichuan, Xinjiang, Tibet, Fujian) Next year, I swear!
- Domestic: New Mexico Went to Joshua Tree National Park instead, does that count?, DC area, New Orleans/Texas, NYC OR Hawaii.
- Local: LAKE TAHOE IN THE SUMMERTIME. And perhaps a local weekend camping trip.
- Bonus: Europe OR South America (Argentina/Brazil/Chile/Peru OR Spain/Italy/Turkey/Greece OR Costa Rica)
- Bonus: Winter Olympics in Vancouver!
Health & Wellness
- Seriously, sleep 7+ hours at least 3x/week. Sigh, it's a constant struggle that I never win.
- Do something active 1-2 times a week (join a class if I have to), and hike 1x/month.
- Strengthen my bum knee - 20 pounds (hey, baby steps).
- Invest. I get half credit on this, having started small in something like a mutual fund, but I still have so much to learn about stocks.
- Pray, early and often
- Give 10%. This was a shameful FAIL - rather was a year of conspicuous consumption.
- Attend a smallgroup at least 2x/month
- Cultivate charity, patience, serenity, and grace (in other words, stop talking and complaining so darn much) Ongoing.
- Find one regular, long-term, and meaningful volunteer activity (identify by February 2010) Le sigh.
- Read: The Far Pavilions, Malcolm X, Confederacy of Dunces, Bluebeard, The Master & Margarita, Dune I actually don't consider this one a complete loss because I ended up reading/listening to a bunch of other books this year including: Bel Canto, Neverwhere, Wuthering Heights, and I'm halfway through Moby Dick.
- Watch: Brazil, The Orphic Trilogy, M, finish Buffy: Season 7 (I'm halfway through, but they are scary to watch by myself!), Chariots of Fire, Rocky
- Write a script. Just for the heck of it.
- Write a short story.
- 3x the traffic on http://wearability.posterous.com
- Do one of the following: more schooling OR a business plan. I did one better - got a challenging new job!
- Complete 3 sewing projects: 1) a dress, 2) an obi-style belt, 3) existing alterations
- Cooking projects: 1) Grant Aschatz' Black Truffle Explosion, 2) Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon, 3) one recipe from Tartine Bakery, 4) a good feijoada, 5) Swan Oyster Depot's crab louie salad, and 6) Thai egg and crab curry using the packet of curry chichiu brought back from Thailand. I think maybe these might have been a little too ambitious.
- Do 1 'different' activity I've never done or haven't in a while (ex. taiko drumming, dance, ceramics, Doc Wong's driving clinic)