Based off this BBC food recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/230609/feelgood-fish-cakes
- Used half (300g) potatoes
- Used 2 regular American-sized cans of sardines (higher fish to potato ratio)
- Used panko breadcrumbs instead of flour
- Omitted all salt
- Used crushed dried oregano instead of parsley
- Fried in olive oil
- 300g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 cans of sardines
- 2T crushed dried oregano
- zest and juice 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp olive oil
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, coarsely mash the sardines in a bowl (remove bones). Mix oregano, lemon zest and juice.
Drain the potatoes, then mash until smooth. Gently mix into the sardine mixture. Shape into 6 fat fish cakes, then dust with breadcrumbs.
Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry half the fish cakes for 3-4 mins on each side until golden and crisp. Keep warm; repeat with remaining oil and fish cakes.
Great with avocado!